Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Saturday 17 July 2010

Be Happy ...

I came across a life coach article the other day, the idea of which I'd like to share with you.
The basis is this; forget idle gossip and engage in a good heart-to-heart conversation. I couldn't agree more, talking being one of my favourite passtimes. Apparently, a study by the University of Arizona proves that idle chatter doesn't make for a positive effect on well-being whereas sharing an in-depth conversation does [great news]. The happier participants spent 70% more time talking than the unhappy ones [this just gets better]. The happier people had twice as many deep-and-meaningfuls and spent less time making small talk. Which makes me wonder, how are we going to teach this to men?

So it just goes to show ... it's good to talk.

By the way, is it grammatically correct to use brackets at the end of a sentence?

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment