Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Wednesday 25 August 2010

Fitness Pal ...

Good Morning all,

OMG, my daughter has just got me into this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It's an amazing motivational place where you track your eating and exercise habits - in my case, more eating and less exercise. But things will have to change. With a widening middle and lethargicness that I should be able to win a prize for, I will have to cut out the white toasted bread with real butter, the occasional Cornish pasty and regular intake of cheesecake and choccy biscuits !!

I might as well have been living everday as Saturday on The Butterfield Diet Plan - see link or:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjnuBTPOaKY

We all know when we eat well, we feel better, we're energised and probably look brighter. So give it a go. There's an app for iphones etc. - I know how much you young people like messing with stuff on your phones.

Enter your gender, age, weight, targets etc and your Daily Calorie Intake is worked out for you. It's simple - even I could do it [although my daughter did sign up for me - do you think she was hinting something ?]. I'm glad she did. Sometimes you just need a gentle push into losing weight / getting fitter etc.

Eash day, enter everything you eat/drink - and the calories are worked out for you. Input your exercise - [in my case, a sad 10 minute slow walk which burned off 28 calories] - and that gets knocked off your total. It doesn't take long to recognise what the daily reports highlight - just how many calories we ingest without realising! [a bit like garlic - calories seem to be ubiquitous !]

When you begin tapping into the plan, you can feel the challenge motivating you. Seeing your food intake on a long list is distubing at first. For instance, a glass of wine is 120 calories! A piece of cheesecake, around 310 ! But once you've sussed the calorie intake - eating a more balanced diet becomes easier. Remember, it's not all about dieting, it's about healthy eating and fitness.

Then the light bulb moment - that a little excercise would help burn off some of those dreaded calories - it doesn't have to be a lot at first. Don't dive into a fitness regime of 5 days a week that you can't sustain. Just add a few walks or join a gym, play tennis, go for a swim ...

Now I've promoted and bragged about myfitnesspal - I've doubly committed myself haven't I? Okay, I don't really want to reveal my real present weight but I'll say that the 8 - 10 pounds which has crept on and been hugging my body for almost two years, needs removing.


I'll let you know how I get on ... loss or gain, then there'll be no way out of it for me.

Here's to more energy and a dress size smaller - my blood pressure may even go down too ...

Jill [not too hungry yet]

No comments:

Post a Comment