Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Wednesday 1 September 2010

Pretty Obvious Stuff When you know about it...

So again, my laptop battery can only survive 20 minutes until it dies. I've only got myself to blame. Yep, I am guilty. For the past ten months, I've been putting my sweet red glossy Sony Vaio into sleep mode without one single consideration for its over-charged battery. I only have myself to blame. I realise, I should turn the system off completely now and again but you know what it's like when you're always short of time. Waiting for the whole unit to fire up from scratch and especially when you have ADD [attention deficit disorder], it's even more painful - the wait seems like hours.

Worse still, the idea of having a battery is so that you can carry on working when your flight has been delayed or when you get creative on holiday or want to catch up work on a train journey etc. But I never seem to have battery when I need it and end up lugging a redundant laptop around with me.

I priced a new battery - '£180' said the helpful semi-shaven man in the Sony shop. 'About £90' said the most helpful under-age man-boy in Comet.

The best piece of information was this: [from the sweet Comet man-boy] *If you usually have you're laptop connected to the mains - Remove the Battery ... seems the logical thing to do. Obviously, the battery will need charging up before you want to use it away from the mains. this way, you will have battery ready to go when you need it !!!

Also * If you leave the battery in the laptop - it keeps over-charging - like a mobile phone - and apparently, that's not a good idea either.

There you have it - next time you think laptop - think battery - you know its the sensible option !!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment