Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Friday 12 November 2010

Hi Everyone ... Thought I'd show you what I've been up to this week ... other than the usual ...


A journey to Londinium ... invitation only ...

Thanks to daughter [wearing muted lime green chiffon, purple Lulu lips bag ~ and not in distress], my friend for accompanying me and Lulu as in Guinness, renowned British Fashion Designer of mainly the things we girls [and ladies] all like ~ handbags of course, I attended the launch of Lulu's [yes, we're on first name terms already ~ okay, so Lulu may have forgotten mine] beautifully designed 'Fan Bag' ... no funny comments please ... this is Serious Style.

The launch for the new Rob Ryan [papercut and screenprint artist] for Lulu Guinness fan clutch bag [centre photo] was held at the Air Gallery, London. OOoeee ... Amongst the handsome tanned young men in tight white, topping up the tall champagne flutes ... ooeee ... I noticed Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Paloma Faith, Erin O'Connor, Lulu and Little Boots ... not bad for someone who doesn't even watch Corrie [Ouch].

Lulu's fan clutches, as the lips clutches and many of her unusual designs, have become iconic and the re-launch of the fan style has caused a buzz in the fashion world, so I hear.

The Rob Ryan for Lulu Guinness fan clutch currently being auctioned on eBay for 'African Solutions to African Problems' ASAP is a one-off piece. The bag is signed by Lulu and Rob ... Yep, only one of these in the world, so get bidding ... BTW, I noticed the bidding is already up to £830.

Style, great music, champagne, a splattering of celebs and a few photographers to make everyone feel important [including me, although no-one seemed to want a piccy] ... Not a hot-pot in sight. A simply a wonderful evening ... ahhh ...

More photos to follow ... does anyone know where I put the camera connection ?

Or check out http://www.vogue.com/

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment