Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Monday 21 February 2011

The Verdict ... BareMinerals Flawless Finish is Brilliant !!!

Wow ! How Simple ! Easy application ... Fabulous Flawless Finish ...
Get started comes in Light, Medium, Dark kits to suit your skin tone and contains Multi-tasking Concealer [covers dark circles and imperfections ~ I lurrvve this ~ and my daughter does too], 2 foundation colours, mineral veil [transluscent finishing touch], all over face colour [complexion booster] and a set of full and tapered brushes for application and blending techniques. Made with pure crushed minerals, the products allow sheer to full coverage with SPF of either 20 or 15.

If I can create a natural flawless effect from a bareMinerals Get Started kit in the short amount of time I afford to such tasks, and the lack of effort I unfortunately put in to making up my face, then anyone can !

And this is the difference ...

Swirl ... Tap ... Buff ... it's all in the Brush [es] ...

Swirl bareMinerals powder in the lid of the container.

Tap away any excess.

Buff onto skin in circular motion.

The powder at first reminds me of an all-over bronzer ~ [I use the medium shades] but the product is different, creamier and feels really smooth on the skin.

Using a brush seems to keep the skin cool during application and made me feel less rushed, less stressy. There's a full brush for all over coverage [use sweeping strokes], a soft tapered brushed for blending and softening shadows ... hey listen to me ... I even have make-up application knowledge, therefore I have power !

After the concealer, there's a choice of foundation, an all-over warmer coloured complexion booster and a transluscent veil for an air-brushed finish. Basically, you can create facial shape and colour to suit the occasion and the mood.

[Demonstration DVD included in the pack - which is how I learned how simple appliction was]

For me, tinted moisturiser isn't quite enough. Foundation cover feels too blocked. I'm not sure whether it's the product or the brush effect, but the task is easy and the effect is really pleasing, I might even say, stunning!

Any young, single, body /beauty conscious female [okay, married, partnered, sporty, arty, techno, fashionitas et al] would relish the time to create the perfect finish but when your timetable begins to fill up, you're late for an important meeting, hot date, after work rendezvous or visiting the boyfriend's parents after a big night out, bareMinerals steps right up [Arggh, I sound like an American TV ad !].

I've always had little patience for make-up, foundation, powders, highlighters, blushers and it's probably because I've never had much [any] training. I never seem to have had the time or opportunity to sit in front of a mirror as my daughter did/does regularly [make that obsessively], trying out different products, textures, colours and effects.

I'm not sure whether my lack of indulgence was due to the fact that I lived in a predominantly male house-hold [I have 4 brothers], my mother never seemed interested in make-up other than Max Factor something-or-other, Nivea talc and Freesia perfume, or was it that the products simply hadn't been glossed up and marketed to the girl in the street in the way that for example magazine marketing does now?

I know I should have spent more time 'doing my face' ~ we wear our face everyday di-dah-di-dah ... but now I don't have to ... [again - sounding like mind-numbing Amercian TV ad ~ sorry] but it's true, a few flicks of the brush[es] and anything from fresh natural look to high glamour can be completed in minutes - even by me !

Enjoy bareMinerals Get Started, also great for a present but beware, you will be jealous !
http://www.bareescentuals.com/

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment