Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Thursday 28 April 2011

Make £££'s from Car Boots ...


For years I've not been able to resist clearing out cupboards and cupboards and ... of stuff to car boot sales, then folding all the unsold items nicely, placing them in separate boxes: ornaments, clothes, books etc and taking them to the charity shop. Well done I say to myself. And even more smugly, I think, fairly well done too.

To be honest, most of the stuff is sold to other stall-holders, the more serious car-booters, the regulars; the rest, I more-or-less give away. But during the occasional early Sunday morning events and after watching the endless TV progs visiting French Antique Markets / finding treasures in the attic / placing Red teams V Blue and Real Deals, whilst caring for my mum, I couldn't help wanting to scan all the stalls for that special piece.

I never did get around to it. But my friend did. Here's how she did it ...

1. Quick visit to car boot / table top sale / garage sale / Grandma's cupboards.
2. Buy couple of purchases [few pounds max] ~ coloured glass / something silver
/ rich glossy ornament / very old books or magazines / polished mahogany
3. Find an area well-known for antique shops.
4. Take the items and offer them for sale.

Alternatively, find a local auction house - internet search one from your postcode.

Group items together [3 items blue glass] [two similar ornaments] [a trio of silver items]

Items are usually charged per sale plus percentage [10-15%].

* If not sold and not collected within given time span, there may be a further charge.

Good Luck, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment