Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Thursday 26 May 2011

Help ! I'm turning into my Mother-in-law ...

Help … I’m turning into my mother-in-law !

Whilst we’re on kettles as subject matter …

I’ve taken to saving, saving, saving, but who hasn’t in this difficult time of credit crunching? So, when I boil the kettle, I only use the amount of water that I really need. To be totally honest, I’ve always done this. Partly because of impatience, waiting for a full kettle to boil ... and partly because it really does make sense.

Yep, yeah, okay, I heard you: What about the Mother-in-law? Strangely enough, there are stories of re-using tea bags, thinning down soup in cafes [ to make 2 servings ] - with the hot water from the tea service and making a meal for 6 from 1 chicken [ and why not? ] but then ... she goes and FILLS the kettle when making a cup of tea just for two people ... argghh !

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment