Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Saturday 18 June 2011

Exercise ... Don't you want to?

Hello Daughter in Distress who tells me they don't like exercise. I couldn't agree more. I seriously despise exercising. I don't really like swimming - or even walking and that's criminal as I live fifty yards from a delightful river path! However, exercise really is a must - at any age. But it doesn't have to overtake your life. Now I'm not suggesting I'm an authority on health related exercises but common sense prevailing, I do suggest some sort of activity is necessary at least a few times a week.

I borrowed/stole my daughter's weights [loverlee colour] ... I leave them about the bedroom to remind me to do something with them ... It ususally works, the bright yellow ends, like mini suns, glaring at me from the cheeky pink rubber each morning. Making me feel guilty. Making me feel lazy and irresponsible. To be honest, a few stretches with the weights helps loosen tight shoulders and a strained neck from working at a desk for long hours. [and yes, I did loosen up first - for a nano-second or so]

Try short bouts of exercise - just promise yourself a few minutes each day - a few stretches on your bedroom floor - walk to the shops / work / your friend's hall of res / okay, walk to the pub if you must.
You'll soon learn which moves a particular area of your body is crying out for.
Before you realise it, you'll be extending the time you spend wrything about on your floor - stretching further - and feeling the benefit.

You will definitely feel better from engaging in exercise - I'm no professional, but I'm sure you'll notice that your improved circulation will refresh the colour of your face. You'll feel more awake. The thing with exercise is that the more you do, the better you feel. Pounds will drop off you. You can tone up the areas you choose to.

So get a set of those luverlee pink weights; can be found on the net, fairly inexpensive [ or just use 2 cans of soup ] and start moving - little by little.

Good luck, Jill   

No comments:

Post a Comment