Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Thursday 4 August 2011

Don and Betty ...

Yes, for some reason, I'd like to know that too ! What has Mad Men's infam  ous Don been up to now? I know, I know, it's a TV programme not real life ... and they just happen to work together on the set of Mad Men. Another thing, next time I come around this way, I want to be called something like January Jones [is that really her name?] or to be more precise, I'd like to be called January Jones. [What a great name for a character in a story] [oops, she is one already? ... delete that]. Maybe I'd just rather be January Jones. Wouldn't it be great to have a figure like that ... without having to overindulge in too much exercise. And without cutting out chocolate, wine, pasta and white crusty bread with real butter. She does look fab though, doesn't she?

What fascinates me is that everyone in 40's 50's 60's films had fantastical figures [including the men], tiny waists ... no beer bellies, love handles or hips hanging over jeans. How? Fewer cars = more walking. Lack of 24/7 fast food outlets = less food intake. No computerised games of all technological descriptions = less sitting down. Less TV programmes = even less sitting down.

So, January, when's the baby due? I sense some sort of deja vu, the Abba stage production and film? Wasn't the protagonist looking for her father and invited three possibles to her wedding? Anyhow, January, that's your busness. Don't let those cheeky journos nose into your affairs.

Jill, Mad Men, Don, Betty Draper and January Jones fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment