Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Saturday 30 June 2012

What have you learned from your children?

FOCUS
FOCUS
FOCUS

If there's one thing I've learned from my 'mature' children, it's to FOCUS. 

Every project I begin, I drift ... I want to expand - usually before a key thought is fully considered or a core product is fully designed and completed. Possibly because of my need to 'grow' something but more probably because of my lack of concentration and my craving for change and search for something new. Of course, expanding too soon could be detrimental to the quality of an initial concept, product, hobby, goal etc. 

So now, the minute I feel myself drifting, I just remind myself to FOCUS - I bring myself back to the main point of what I'm actually doing/creating/developing/, where I'm up to, what's supposed to happen next in the development process, keep the end result on mind - Basically, I remind myself to keep on track, taking one key idea to fruition rather than going off at a tangent with other thoughts, designs or products.

Of course, you might argue that focussing intently on one thing might limit creativity ... limit all those random ideas flitting about in my head, limit the chances of bringing something else new to the market ... hmmm ... 

Back to the drawing board ...

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment