Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Friday 10 September 2010

Feng Shui ~ Clear That Clutter ...

Feng Shui
Negative Karma
Less is More
...

Clearing out stuff always succeeds in making me feel better. Energised and more settled. A slight oxymoron I know, but it’s true, I usually feel refreshed and ready to take on new challenges after my clearing sessions.

When my friends are drenched in temporary boredom, stuck between projects or enduring a sudden life-style change they didn’t apply for, I often motivate them to clear out stuff. And it usually jolts them into something creative. [Examples later, when I’ve talked my friends into being interviewed …]

I’m not a practitioner of negative and positive karma, Feng Shui or similar theories but I do recognise that when the clearing-out-stuff-feeling comes over me, my mind seems much more focused afterwards.

I do now have a sense of less is more, not necessarily because of minimalist fashion but because clutter equals a feeling of being overloaded, blocked in, even trapped, whereas less = more space and maybe a sense of freedom.

I have to admit, in a past life, I used to clear clutter, sort and tidy all the ‘stuff’ and place it neatly back into the cupboards, in baskets or organised into the loft. *Warning – Never put anything in the loft. Two reasons: 1. You will NEVER use IT again. According to research involving my family: There’s a very strong likelihood that your children really won’t want it anyway. 2. See Karen’s methods below…

Checking up on the theories of negative karma and Feng Shui, it appears there really is something in the feeling of freedom after clearing out stuff:

Feng Shui
One of the simplest books on Feng Shui I have found is, ‘Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui’ by Karen Kingston. Karen explains how to sketch a brief plan of your home. Then you place the Feng Shui Bagua [a grid with labels that can show how different areas of ie your home, are connected to aspects of your life] on top of your plan. The labels include Prosperity, Family, Health, Love, Creativity, Life Path, Career, Wisdom, Travel and so on. From this, it’s easy to observe - where the clutter is – and it’s is usually where there are problems in your life. Clear the clutter – fix your life. Simple as that!

To simplify things, Karen states, ‘Clutter crammed on top of wardrobes and cupboards is like problems hanging over you, waiting to be dealt with.’ Apparently, clutter stashed higher than eye level could have an oppressive effect and cause head-aches. With reference to point 2 earlier, Karen continues, ‘Things stored in your attic can restrict you higher aspirations…’ Clear clutter from behind doors or anything that obstructs doors. Energy flow is restricted by these blockages. Test whether life flows more easily. Remove the clutter – feel the energy.

Negative Karma,
Maybe we’ll do negative karma in another blog … I’m sure we’ve got enough to think about and do – removing all that stuff – to another place…

However, Negative Karma as I understand it so far, suggests that `Every good action, thought or word creates positive karma. So ~ even a kind smile or uplifting thought towards someone is beneficial`

Hmm Maybe we need to tell all the grumpy men about that … Yes, I know its sexist … di da di da …

Let me know how you get on …

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment