Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Tuesday 26 October 2010

I'M NOT SHOUTING ...

RESEARCH HAS CLAIMED THAT SHOUTING / RANTING ETC. IS GOOD FOR YOU !

[couldn't agree more]

THE EFFECT OF SHOUTING/RANTING TRIGGERS THE BLOOD FLOW TO THE BRAIN - ESPECIALLY TO THE AREA WHICH CONTROLS POSITIVE EMOTIONS ~ IN TURN, YOU ARE CALMED DOWN MUCH FASTER.

[I didn't quite get this at first - and then thought about times things that had irritated me or offended me, had gone over and over in my mind, increasing an emotional state which hung around too long ... I can see why shouting would clear the thought pattern and stabilise you sooner]

So now we have the excuse to shout when and where we want ... although we might have to consider who we are going to shout at ??

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment