Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Monday 9 May 2011

Cats, Cakes and Community Spirit ...



Dear Jill / Daughters in Distress,

I’ve recently rented the upstairs half of a house. I took my downstairs neighbour a chocolate cake to say hello. [She lives on her own - with 4 cats] I’m over noisy mates and parties. I always say hello when I see her but she’s always grumpy with me. What can I do?

Hello DID [Daughter in Distress] ~ Thanks for your message. It seems your neighbour is grumpy full stop. Probably not with you. Living with four cats could indicate she’s lonely. Don’t give up. It sounds like a barrier that needs to be softened with friendliness and neighbourly caring. More cakes? A small bunch of flowers? Ask her in for a cuppa? Lend her a book? Don’t give in. Build community spirit. You’ll feel good and she’ll be putty in your hands before you know it. [Incidentally, putty is a pliable mixture made from linseed oil and chalk which is used to secure glass into place in window frames].

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment