Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Tuesday 15 May 2012

Stress Busters ...


I've been so stressed lately, I've been called up by the cardiac investigations unit for a stress-test on my heart ... [as if I'm not stressed enough] - Obviously, my stress level isn't advisable to maintain, so whilst I was planning how to manage and control my feelings of anxiousness, I compiled this list of all things we know but don't always remember to do ...

1.   prioritise [all the time]
2.   focus on the most important thing for the day
3.   make some daily structure and stick to it
4.   don't have conversations that aren't really necessary
5.   cut down on conversations with mates - move these to evening time or weekend
6.   be on time for appointments - this will seriously cut down feeling of being stressed
7.   make arrangements and try to stick to them - don't keep re-arranging and re-arranging.
8.   don't keep checking movement of others 'have you set off yet' 
9.   breathe - take longer, slower breaths - breathe in - then breathe out r e a l l y  s l o w l y
10. going away isn't always the answer - learning to manage stress is more important

Try it out ... I feel better already,

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment