Make Yourself at Home ~

Serious Questions or Simply for Entertainment. This blog can be anything you want it to be ... Click the FOLLOW button ... makes me feel better. Add your message to Gills' Guest Book. Post a Comment at the end of a blog ... Email me with your questions: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk


Thursday 3 January 2013

Goals, Golf and BOGOF ...

Hello Daughters - in - distress and absolutely everyone else ... Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy, Successful and Enjoyable  New Year and All Year!

You're probably thinking I've been neglecting you ... and to be honest, you'd be 100% correct in thinking that - as it's probably true. However, it's all been for a good cause. By now, you've probably seen my posts for Happy Days Interactive Pages to help children and young people express difficulties, you've probably been pestered about Happy Days talking and doing prompts, memory joggers and day planners and you've most likely been poked and prodded about new books, resources and materials for self care.

It's clear then, that I've been writingwritingwriting. I now have a swollen hand, bad posture and an aching neck - but it's all been worth it. [yes, yes, I know I should take breaks, get fresh air and drink plenty of water]. You know how it is ... once the writing's flowing, you just daren't stop. Then you can't stop. then you can't sleep. I think this is what happens to men when they play golf [oops, sorry that's sexist; men and women when they play golf]. They just don't seem to know when to stop. And now, neither do I. Ideas for new topics, themes, colour schemes, metaphorical ways to present sensitive issues keep me awake most of the night.

No time to cook or even pick up a few ready meals, my husband has had to take over evening meal arrangements. So, over the past twelve months, I've enjoyed a wonderful and weird assortment of Lancashire tapas - which has mostly included bread, cheese, bread, mushrooms, bread, tomatoes bread BOGOF biscuits and one pound yellow cakes in various shapes. I've still not got my head around one of his 'specials' though, a fish finger and basamati rice combo. Hmmm. Also, I'm not sure what we were doing with fish fingers in the freezer - we're not quite old enough for grand children [oh ok, maybe we are - but we haven't got any yet]. Ahh - must have been another BOGOF. I really, really shouldn't complain - even though there's been no red wine reduction, balsamic something-or-other or sight of a vegetable in months. No, it would be unfair to grumble. Slimming World will be the financial beneficiary as I make my weekly donation in an attempt to regain something that resembles a waist.

So, what I was about to say was this:
During the past fifteen month journey, I have read, researched, networked, sketched, cut, stuck and painted miniature shapes and text, travelled, attended meetings, interviewed, presented at conferences, attended regular art classes, joined a choir, fathomed out computer jargon, missed sleep, felt the heat, laughed, scribbled, typed, cried, scanned, printed, laminated, [especially laminated] to develop an assortment of new activity pages including strategies and plans for goal setting, self care [maybe I should pay some attention here], serious issues, fun stuff, journal writing just for you, and caring for others ...

And the reason for the blog post is this:
Please email, facebook tweet of comment any ideas or requests for topics to be covered in the new book of pages for ... YOU ... to help you work a few things out ...

Where Am I Going?
What Do I Really Want to Achieve in Life?
What Needs to Change?
How Do I Feel About That?

I look forward to hearing from you ... I'd hate to think of having a night off - Besides, I'd end up cooking dinner!

Gillian
www.happydayspublishing.co.uk
happydayspublishing@yahoo.co.uk
www.facebook.com/happydayspublishing
https://twitter.com/HappyDaysPages

No comments:

Post a Comment